Highlights of this $3 billion budget include:
- $1.09 billion to reduce traffic congestion including $223 million on Kingsford Smith Drive, $81 million on Telegraph Rd and $30 million on Wynnum Road corridor.
- $655 million on public and active transport including $50 million to progress Brisbane Metro, $28 million on bikeways and $124 million public transport subsidy.
- $583 million to keep Brisbane clean, green and sustainable including $94 million on drainage maintenance and $5.9 million for Council to remain 100% carbon neutral.
- $441 million on economic development including $6.3 million to attract tourism and major events and $249,000 for expansion of free Wi-Fi into suburban centres.
- $307 million on new lifestyle and leisure opportunities including $69 million on libraries and $7.4 million for aqua centres and pool upgrades in 2017/18.